Monday, April 14, 2014

NZ continued

Tori, one of Frankie's best friend celebrated her birthday while I was there. I was lucky enough to be invited to the birthday barbeque. To my surprise, two of Tori's close friends are South African. I found myself at a braai in Wellington with lamb chops, boerewors and biltong. WHAT?! It was great but surreal at the same time to be able to speak Afrikaans in New Zealand. Who would have thought? 

The braai was great fun. Somewhere in the middle of night, Frankie and I braved the cold and walked all the way to the shop to buy chocolate and cooldrinks. On the way back we hitch-hiked and we met a guy (in the parking lot) who looked extremely happy - smiling from ear to ear. Frankie asked whether he would take us back to the BBQ and he said yes almost immediately. Turned out that he just had the best sex with a random dude he just met. Being a little freaked out at the back of the car, it was incredible to see how happy this guy was and that his night was made. A little weird all in all, but we got back to the BBQ in one piece and everyone was really happy about the midnight snack :)

Sunday was our last day full day together. The weather was so miserable that we spent the whole day in doors watching movies and eating :) It was a great way to spend the day and it was so cool to just hang with Frankie and Dave like the old days. Who know's when I'll see them again.

Monday morning I had to say goodbye to Frankie and Dave. It was a sad morning, but also a very quick goodbye (which I prefer). It's always a see-you-later and never a goodbye.


I would never be able to thank them enough for opening their home and their fridge to me for an entire week. I'm incredibly blessed to have such great friends. I just hope that one day I will be able to repay them. Frankie and Dave, you know my door is always open. Hopefully we can get you guys to South Africa soon. 

Lots of love,
Netta xx



No comments:

Post a Comment