Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sydney

As I always find myself disorientated and lazy it took me two hours to find my backpackers in Sydney. First of all the toll free number they gave me for my cheap airport transfer remained unanswered so I opted for a not so cheap train ride. I took a train to Central Station and then switched trains to go to Kings Cross (R200 later mind you). The hostel wasn't that far from the station and relatively easy to find. Also true to my traveling traditions my dorm room was on the third floor. Again I had the huge suitcase (the same one I dragged up the stairs in Barcelona). The dorm room was small, fucking hot, but relatively clean. By the time of check in I only had one room mate who wasn't there. It was a four roomed dorm for girls. This girl, obviously not from South Africa, had all her belongings lying all over the room obviously not even thinking that someone might steal her shit. Anyways I went in search for dinner shortly after check-in and found myself down at Wooloomooloo wharf and had to climb a shitload if stairs again to get to Victoria street which was where my bed was located.


I ended up at a small pizza joint called Doughboy just around the corner from Sydney backpackers. This backpackers is slightly different from all the other places I've stayed before. This one didn't have a bar or a tiny restaurant. It was all self service. Its cool for one night (just make sure you have your own towel, they don't provide that - however they do provide semi decent bedding) but I wouldn't recommend it. It was cheap though. The cheapest I could find though - should've been the first red light. Don't be fooled they have a really cool website. There are many other backpackers in Victoria road which looked awesome!


The following day I woke up to have my free breakfast - dry toast with strawberry jam and then packed up, dragged my suitcase down to reception and checked out. I took a taxi to the Blu hotel where we were booked in for work for the next few days. It really was walking distance, but with a million stairs between point A and B.


The hotel was beautiful and really centrally located. Check out the link : http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/City-Hotels/Blue-Sydney/Overview.html


No comments:

Post a Comment